Peter - Fayetteville, New York

I’m here today to tell you that I believe you should all register as Republicans and vote for Ron Paul in the 2008 Presidential Primary election. If you believe in freedom, liberty and peace there is no other viable alternative to Ron Paul. His consistency in voting against laws he feels are unconstitutional has earned him the title of Dr. No.

According to his campaign website, Mr. Paul has…

Never voted to raise taxes.

Never voted to restrict your 2nd amendment right to bear arms.

Never voted to raise congressional pay.

Never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

Mr. Paul believes in the vision of our countries founding fathers; to avoid entangling foreign alliances and engage in free trade with all nations. He understands that the idea of liberty is not consistent with government intrusion into our lives; but instead that the role of government is to preserve our freedoms.

In recent political actions Ron Paul has shown his principled stance by voting against the PATRIOT Act, the offensive war against Iraq, and the regulation of the internet. He understands that to sacrifice liberty for security is a fool’s game in which the people must ultimately lose.

In the May 3rd Presidential Debate Ron Paul stated that his first act in office would be to eliminate the income tax. I encourage you to go on the internet and find out more about Mr. Paul and his principled stance against a largely unconstitutional federal government bureaucracy.