Mike - syracuse, New York

I Believe

Beliefs are what make us who we are and separate us from the crowd. No two people think about life the exact same way and that is what makes us all unique and interesting. I believe in family and that without my parents love and support I wouldn’t be who I am today. Growing up with a younger sister and the oldest of 10 younger cousins I believe I am a role model and that had a great influence on the person I have become. I believe in self expression and that each person does this in their own way. I express myself best through music and my home is performing in front of a crowd. Though I’ve performed music in front of hundreds to thousands of people for years I believe I have a block when it comes to speaking in front of these crowds. I believe in the power of music, whether you’re happy, sad, angry, depressed, or lonely, there is music for your state of mind. I believe Dave Matthews is one of the best performers of our generation, but while bands like Dave, Aerosmith, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, and The Beatles are all good, nothing compares with the smash hits of the 18th century by Mr. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. I believe in Comedy, and that Laughter surpasses all language barriers. I believe in this day in age many people take themselves too seriously and if we can’t learn to laugh at ourselves once in a while then we are lost. I believe in freedom and that the United States is the greatest country on earth. However everyone is guilty of taking that freedom for granted sometimes. I believe in space exploration and that although it won’t be found in my life time there is life somewhere else in the universe. I believe in love and that though I’ve lost it in the past somewhere out there is the right girl for me.

I believe in technology and globalization. We are growing up during the most exciting time there has ever been and I can’t wait to see what new innovations will be brought about in my lifetime. I also believe in taking responsibility for our actions, that global warming is a serious problem and can’t be put off any longer if we intend to do anything about it. I am a gamer and believe in competition. I believe that poker is a game of skill not luck, Deus Ex was the greatest computer game ever made, and that while I can’t begin to understand chess, I’ll take anyone to school in Checkers, which we all know is the REAL game of strategy. I believe when it comes to life you have to roll the dice, and take chances. We’re only here for a short time but I believe in the words of Dave Matthews that “Celebrate we will, Because Life is short but sweet for certain.”