Tracy - Indianola, Iowa

I believe in unashamed love.

I feel very blessed to have had many formative and rich experiences in my life that have helped me to determine who it is I am and who I am in the Lord. I still have a long way to go, but life is a journey. I have traveled to developing countries and seen people in need who loved me more than anyone I’ve ever met. I’ve done ministry with youth and learned that they’re more caring, loving, and thoughtful than I am. It is these experiences and many more, so many I can’t even describe, that have formed who I am and what I believe.

I believe that God loves each of us and wants us to love each other with the love of Christ. I believe that the sun is far too warm and the grass is far too soft to sit inside in the air-conditioning all day. I believe that shoes are unnecessary most of the time. I believe in not-washing my jeans for weeks at a time. I believe in saving the environment. I believe in eating and buying locally. I believe in donating time and money. I believe in using ethanol in my car. I believe that farms are the best thing this country has going for it. I believe the United States could do so much more to help the world at large, but it doesn’t. I believe in the potential that junior high students have to be deep and profound. I believe that God has a plan for all of us. I believe in laughter. I believe that I don’t need anything but my Bible and a toothbrush to get by. I believe I have too many things. I believe that Iowa is the most beautiful place in the world. I believe in adopting children and doing foster care. I believe in learning from one another, even those younger than us. I believe in being relational. I believe that people are more important than stuff. I believe in having a conversation and getting to know someone, even if it sacrifices my time to do other work. I believe in the power of serving others. I believe in visiting the poor and underprivileged, the needy, the homeless, starving, and lonely. I believe that I have a lot of potential, but I waste it all the time. I believe in tolerance. I believe in being humble and admitting I know nothing. I believe that we can fix this fallen world. I believe that God will work through us until Jesus returns. I believe that I mess up all the time, but Jesus died so I don’t have to pay for it. I believe that God gives us all opportunities to minister in every situation, but often times we look right over them. I believe in loving everyone around me, regardless of who they are or what they’ve done. I believe in the power of listening to others, and I believe in unashamed love.