Ryan - Syracuse, New York
Themes: integrity

This I believe…..

A persons characteristics are they best way to describe that individual. Some of us have a good sense of humor; others possess strength in working well under stress, others do not operate well when they run into obstacles. I believe that a person is best described by their actions when put into a situation when they are clearly doing something wrong.

When you know you are wrong there are very few options to take. You may choose to do what is in your power to rectify the situation. Some may choose to walk away and simply not deal with it. Others may ever choose to deny the possibility that they did something wrong and point the finger in another direction. I believe that it is with honesty that the individual grows as a person.

I believe that Truth is a major characteristic which is no longer prodominately found in society today. A persons past experiences will aid them to make decisions based upon the now. If someone has found that in the past lying has gotten them to where they are now, they will lie every time something does not work out well for them. Personally however I was raised in a different manner. “A man is born with just one thing and if he lives his life right, he’ll die with it too” This quote is in reference to a mans word. There are certain things an innocent white lie may do, and that often times this includes taking a hop skip and a jump over the thin red line of what is right.

I’m not saying that I was born an angel or that I have not found myself in situations where it would have been easier to point the blame on someone else. However at an early age I was told that the truth will set you free. As a high school athlete my coaches always told me to deal with my problems head on. There is no credibility in a liar. So really where does a lie get u aside from in a deeper hole than which you started?