Michael - Syracuse, New York
Themes: pleasure

I believe that the most important thing you do in your life is to enjoy it. Often we get too easily distracted by other things and other people and get knocked off track. We do things to impress or please other people, but forget to do the things that make us happy. I’m sure all of us had at one point in our lives wished we were someone else. This person was probably famous and adored by other people. This is normal, but I believe that if we had become that person we wouldn’t truly be happy with ourselves. I personally can recall a great example of me being thrown off while trying to follow my important beliefs. Throughout high school I had been a smart, but not crazy student. I’d pull low A’s and be content with myself. I had other things that were important in my life and I didn’t want to go crazy with school. Junior year this all changed. Coupled with the pressure of upcoming application to colleges and my then recently found love for physics, I decided I wanted to go to a school that was the best at physics and study it all day. I started going crazy in school, working my ass off and pulling a 98 GPA for my junior year. Then the summer before senior year I started to realize that I wasn’t truly enjoying physics, I had just given in to the pressure of trying to work hard at something and become famous at it. I realized that summer what I truly wanted to do. I wanted to try everything. I wanted to travel the world, eat at all the restaurants. I wanted to sky dive, water ski, and hike the Appalachian Trail. I wanted to cruise the Caribbean and go scuba diving. I wanted to try everything and experience as many different things as I could. This is what I decided I wanted to dedicate my life to. I knew that to achieve this would require a lot of money, so I wanted to work in a field that would give me enough money to do these things. I learned about the stock market and took a keen interest in it. I am going to continue learning as much as I can about it so as to be able to make as much money as possible, as fast as possible. I want to make the money fast so I can start doing the things I love and continue to do them until the day I die. If I succeed in making enough money to pursue the things I enjoy I believe I will be extremely content with my life no matter what else my life may bring.