Alison - Syracuse, New York

Find something in life you love to do in life and pursue it. From my own personal experiences in life I can tell you that passion is a key to happiness as well as great success. Every person can think of at least one thing that they love to do, whether it is a sport, a certain class, or even a job he or she held. No matter how petty one might think their passion is, I assure you it’s not at all. Take what you love and use it. If it is a sport, make sure you get to play it once a week. If what you love is a certain subject, be sure to take at least one class in that subject per semester. The same goes for a job, find what you love to do and pursue it, the tasks will be more fun and you will most likely be more assured and confidant in what you are doing. Look for something you truly care about; something that has a great future for you or is a great challenge that interests you.

Finding something you love can change your entire outlook on life. Mentally you will be happier doing something you actually like to do. Waking up to do those tasks daily won’t seem like a chore, you may even enjoy it. Physically, if you like what you are doing you will most likely thrive in it and do extremely well; passion is something that can show through. I have seen cases where people will try to take certain classes or certain jobs strictly for financial reasons, or just to please others instead of themselves. The results are often bad, or not what the person had expected. My brother for example thought everyone wanted him to go to law school. He thought it was the right thing to do; he however wasn’t passionate about the subject. He soon struggled and realized it was not meant for him. There was something else he liked better. He now has a full time job in real estate, his true passion and could not be happier. He has now been working for a little over a year and has already received a promotion. I have had similar personal experiences and can confidently say, doing something you are actually happy doing makes all the difference in the world. This is why I say find something that you can look forward to doing and always be true to yourself and your own wants.