I Believe in Quiet Time.

Mariah - Buda, Texas
Themes: pleasure

Radio’s blaring, talkative people in a hurry, and car horns screaming at each other from across the highway. Everyday it’s the same chaotic lifestyle. The times of peace and quiet have long been forgotten. I see everyone rushing about and never taking the time to stop and listen to the wonderful melodies that the earth sings for everyone to hear. It’s at these times that I believe in quiet time. Yes, the same quiet time from kindergarten.

Think back to the days when nothing was more important than tolling down the biggest hill in town then laying in the grass to make out shapes in the passing clouds. That is quiet time. It’s a time to me to think and reflect on my imperfections, dreams, goals, and anything else that comes to mind. Nothing can bring me down during my quiet time. Even the toughest and most complicated situations that are thrown at me seem to all come together and make sense. I find an immense amount of peace during this time, which helps me to see that yes, people make mistakes, things do go wrong, but it all happens for a reason and that reason, whether to teach me a lesson or to show me some higher understanding for the human race, will allow me to live my life without regrets and to it’s fullest potential.

As I grow up, layers of disappointments, heartache, and responsibility build up on my shoulders weighing down on me until I can’t move. Sometimes it’s so overwhelming that I feel like there is no where I can go to just sit and think, meditate if you will. Lying on my bed counting how many times the fan spins per minute is probably the most relaxing moment I can get out of my life. All the stresses, worries, and heavy burdens that I carried on my shoulders for so long are lifted and I can breathe easy for the first time.

Just to have one tiny minute out of our hectic lives to relax and clear our minds makes for a stress free and more importantly, a happier life. “Stop and small the roses”, I hear that almost twenty times a day, but I never really take the time to put it to action. So stop and smell the roses my friends. Have a little quiet time.