Jordan - Kyle, Texas

I wouldn’t be the same person today if I didn’t have such great friends. Without my friends, I would probably be living a completely different life. The friends I have affect everything about my personality and what I’ve gone through in life. Without all my different groups of friends I probably wouldn’t be as religious, as good at listening and understanding, as spontaneous, or have as much fun acting like a kid as much as I do now.

Because of my friends, I have been through all different kinds of experiences. My friends from my church helped me find God and we help each other grow closer to Him every Sunday and some days in between. Finding God was a big change in my life and the reason I try everyday to become a better person.

I feel like I’m a very good listener because I have a handful of friends that seem to always have little problems in their lives. I’m the one that always gets the earful of boy drama and what someone’s parents did to him or her this time. I can listen to people’s problems and I am very understanding about them. I can be a good venting outlet for my friends and then I can help them out with whatever their problem is by giving them advice or hanging out with them and doing something fun to take their mind off things.

Up until last year, I liked to know what I was going to do before I did it and have everything planned out. Then I met two people that were the exact opposite. I loved hanging out with them. Everything was unexpected, which made it so much more fun. Now I’m a pretty spontaneous person and I’m much happier that way. I have one friend that I can always go to no matter what mood I’m in and I’ll always be in a better one when I leave. We have so much fun no mater what we do, whether it’s seeing a movie and quoting lines from it in conversations to come, or having super light saber fights and laugh at the people looking at us strangely. When we’re upset about something we go get ice cream, which seems to make everything better, and when we’re bored we go around in our Spiderman masks and tag cars with car window paint. It’s times like these, when we’re acting like kids, that we have the most fun. I think without a friend like her, my life would be pretty dull.

My friends are always the thing that gets me through the weeks and even the days. Each friend I have made over the years has changed my life in some way. I am so lucky to have met such great people and formed relationships with them that will last for years to come. I am the person I am today because of the friendships I’ve made and the experiences each one gives me.