Eric - Saddle River, New Jersey

I believe that gambling is the key to success. Without any real gamble, and I am not talking about taking all of your money and throwing it onto red at a roulette table, a person can not achieve success. Whether monetary, or happiness, gambling is essential in reaching goals. The infinite possibilities in life are cut short if one does not take a risk at any points. In business it is always a gamble on whether or not the company will succeed. People have made and lost fortunes through this, but if they did not gamble on a business then the individual would not have had a chance of success and would be stuck regretting it. In cases of love it is about risking your ego or self embarrassment when attempting to talk to or date another person, with the same result as the business, if the gamble is never made then regret will settle in and one will always question what could have been. I mean not all gambling is good, it’s important to minimize risk, but if you come to the conclusion that the risk is worth the reward then you know exactly what you are giving up and the gamble is a worthy decision. Once again it is not casino gambles, I am not trying to tell anyone that they should spend their entire life savings on lottery tickets because it is a $500 million jackpot. A gamble such as this has not been thought out. I just hope to communicate to people that if they do not get a fine understanding of what they want, and how they can get it then they will be stuck regretting not taking the risks in the future. Every day people fail at their dreams, but it is the knowing that they took the risk, gambled on their future and made a go at something that makes them better off than others. The risk has also taught the person a great lesson and they should see what mistakes not to make again in the future. Learning from mistakes holds the same value as succeeding because it aids someone in future success. I see people every day who complain about their job, marriage status, or even relationship. All important in today’s culture, but the people are complaining that they can do better without acting upon it. As life changing a risk as leaving one of these could be, the odds are that it was a gamble in the past that they didn’t take that is causing this regret. The one person they could not talk to in class, or the business opportunity they did not take because they wanted a little more security, there is still regret about it. I believe that calculated risks, or as I am putting it, gambling, is important for people to feel successful about themselves.