Stephen - Manchaca, Texas
Themes: integrity

It is easy to tell the truth, but there is always that pause when you are going to tell a lie. You know, most people grow up telling lies. I myself have told my share of lies here and there, like blaming my brother for eating the last cookie when we were little, or even saying that my dog ate my homework, even though I didn’t have a dog. People these days, will say anything to get out of something they don’t want to do.

That’s why I believe, that no matter what you do or say, life is always going to be the same. The same as in, you will not get a break when everything has gone wrong, no pats on the back when you succeed, and no one to tell you stop or don’t, when you are about to do something you shouldn’t. It is like you are hardwired to do things, everyday you get up and shower, get dressed, and head to school or work. Now and then, you will mess up, and then the next day you know you won’t make that mistake again.

From my experience, although I haven’t had much, but enough to know that everything you do, there is always a consequence, no prize. For example, if you have a major test the next day, and you forget to study, you might fail. If you go to a theme park, and stand in like just to get an ice cream, if you stand long enough, your legs start to hurt. All you wanted is the sweet, deliciousness of the frozen treat waiting for your taking. But no, your legs give out from all the rides and all the waiting.

Everyday you are tested with the unknown. So, you have to go along with it, not knowing what will come at you. If you are asked questions, you have to tell the truth, or you have to make something up. Knowing that you have lied, life will not be different, everything will reflect back on you, making it only difficult. Life will always be the same.

This I Believe.