Nathan - Mountain City, Texas

This I believe: What must someone do in order to be a “friend”? Then you get into the question of “Who is your best-friend? And why is that person your best-friend?” My best-friend is always there for me, she knows me better than everyone else, and can always make me smile.

I believe in my best-friend. I believe that she will always be there when I need her most. Being a guy and having my best-friend be a girl causes more problems in my life than I would like to deal with; but these problems are just hurdles that need to be jumped. I believe that everyone should have someone in there life that knows them better than everyone else and that they can always count on.

For me making friends hasn’t always been the easiest thing. If I try and think of one word to describe me I would choose shy. After I know someone for a while we can become pretty close friends, but most people aren’t patient enough to stick around. I have never had anyone that was my “best-friend”. Finally finding someone that I could connect with was amazing. I act differently around her than I do anyone else but that is ok with me, because I know that it is the true me. Everyone else makes me feel like I need to try and fit into their idea of whom I should be, but with her I can just be myself.

When everything is going wrong it is just nice to know that someone believes in you.