Terise - Kyle, Texas

I Believe

When I was young, I did not know how to love anything but humanity. I did not understand why people would dedicate an entire lifetime to a sport or a hobby. As my younger brother began playing baseball, I completely understood what professional athletes saw in sports.

I believe in heart. You know, when people see the game in your eyes and you are truly sincere about loving a sport. You give everything for your game and do whatever it takes to better yourself. Now, not only do I recognize the strength of the heart and mind, but I feel it. People see it in my eyes now, and it makes me believe that the heart’s strength is spreading and more and more people are being granted the opportunity to feel it.

It frustrates me to go to a practice that I am serious about and to see people act silly and careless about my passion. When you have heart, you respect the game. Your teammates are your sisters. The way you live your life revolves around that one game, it is sewn into your heart for eternity. Allowing yourself to make your mistakes and jumping right back up to try again. That’s heart. When heart is built into someone’s character, integrity is the calcium in their bones and the blood in their veins.

Abraham Lincoln said, “You can have anything you want, if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.” Heart is anything you want it to be. You can make it into anything you want. Heart is what causes the desire in a person to set out and achieve the goals of their dreams.