Hannah - Buda, Texas

I believe in miracles. I believe miracles happen everyday around people even if they don’t realize it.

Yes, people might say the word miracle is just another word for luck, but what would you call a car accident that flipped a car and the driver walks out without a scratch? You wouldn’t call that luck, you would call that a miracle. Miracles can be as big as someone not being hurt in a car accident or something as tiny as making a higher level on a dance team. Miracles happen!

I have witnessed many miracles throughout my life from my best friend becoming a Christian to the bank not foreclosing on my house. Miracles happen to me all the time. When I was a child, I survived scarlet fever; that was a miracle. I fell down the side of a mountain and didn’t break any bones; that was a miracle! Miracles happen!

I was a miracle for my mom. When my mom was a little girl she had always wanted to have a girl, but when she was 25, doctors told her that there was something wrong with her fallopian tubes and that she would never be able to conceive. However five years later when she turned 30 she found out she was pregnant with me. It was a miracle! But things started going down hill when my father left and not long after she started to get very sick. Doctors did not believe that either of us would make it through childbirth. Then on November 16, 1990 I was born, and we both lived. Miracles happen!

With every tragedy I have faced I have been kissed by ten miracles, from the smallest miracle to the biggest miracle. Miracles happen everyday around us all. I believe in miracles!