Dalton - Buda, Texas
Themes: integrity

“I Believe…”

I believe in saying exactly what you mean the first time. Our language is the biggest way we communicate, so why not just say it?

Say that one of your friends comes up to you and asks if their clothes match, or if they look good, what to do? Instead of saying , “yeah it matches”, or “It looks fine”, just tell them the truth. If it does not match just tell them because if it was you, you would probably want to know. Also, if you would have said what you meant the first time they would not have walked around all day looking stupid.

Even if you think it may hurt their feelings or make them think you are mean, it will be best in the end. Language is our main base for communication and I believe we should use it the way it was meant to be used. If everyone went around trying to communicate with people and not saying what they mean, it would be very difficult. Instead of saying,” That does not match,” it would be something like,” Well, um, kind of, I

guess, maybe.” Complete chaos, nothing would get done or said. Everyone would be just standing around trying to get their point across with out just saying it.

Telling people what you mean the first time is definitely best. No matter what situation you might be in, I believe in saying exactly what you mean.