Lindsay - Buda, Texas

When you think of me

I believe in the power of music, the way it can express a person so well, so basic, that you can see and understand a portion of their personality. I listen to a vast number of genres. One day I might be all ecstatic and obnoxious and the next calm and collective, knowing that there is a song to fit my emotions. I can always count on music for support.

I believe that music expresses freedom, background, and ethnicity. There is a genre for every person whether it’s country, reggae, R&B, or even Latina. To me, music is one of the most free and diverse commodities in the world. When I stick my headphones in my ear and push play on my Ipod, I am in a completely different state of mind. The sound of the rhythms and lyrics in my noggin allows me to focus and be more open minded.

I believe music helps me to escape from times that are hard. It calms me down and pumps me up when I need it. I think music shows somewhat of who I am. If you look through my music collection, there is a menagerie of everything from Bing Crosby to OKGO. I have to admit I listen to some pretty crazy songs, some that my parents listened to when they were my age. I’m not monotonous in any way. It’s just who I am, so while I’m here I might as well dance.