Catherine - Buda, Texas

I am one of those people that you see driving on the highway, dancing along to their radio. While some would call me crazy for doing so, I would say I’m just being myself.

Dancing has always been something that makes me who I am. If I hear music on the radio, on my iPod, or sometimes just in my head, I have to move; I have to dance. Dancing gives me the ability to express myself. I my opinion, expressing yourself is being your true self, doing what is real to you, and not caring how it looks to the people around you. When I dance I am happy and that makes me feel great. Showing off the hurdle in like is to be completely comfortable in the skin you are in. Once you get that out of the way everything that follows is a walk in the park.

Back in the day, when being “different” and expressing you true self were not the in-style things to be, people would go out of their way to conform to whatever society considered in-style. Nowadays people are throwing out the rulebook on how to not be “different” and expressing themselves in all forms. Staying true to myself is the most difficult task in my like, but at the same time it is the most satisfying. From my room to my car I will always be dancing. By believing in dancing, I believe in me.