Zachary - Manchaca, Texas

I believe in the power of open-ended game play. Nobody wants to play a game and have to suffer through the tedium of a linear story line. You play a game to feel free and removed from the bores of the same old routine every day.

Being part of an open-ended experience means you can do whatever you want, whenever you want; you are not held back by some invisible force that says, “You can’t do that,” or, “You must do this.”

Just like life, you can also decide how to approach problems, choose the path of how you will achieve the next level, and not having to do the exact same thing every time you choose to undertake that task.

Of course, everybody has different play styles. You might wander around, exploring, doing every side mission possible, while some choose to jump right into the main story line and finish it as fast as possible, and only doing what is absolutely required.

No matter how you decide to play, you can go back and do something different every time you play through a certain part.

I hate playing a game that gives me little or no options, and forces me into this cut-out story that bores me to death, and I usually won’t even play it.

For example, I like to play a game that gives me different classes, and each class has its own abilities and functions. Each class relies on another class, while being relied upon by yet another at the same time. It gives each a reason to exist and a way to coexist with the others.

Life is like a video game, only with no cheats and better graphics. If you want to see how the story turns out, you have to get it and play how you enjoy playing, making sure you have a good time getting there.