the power of secrets

Zachary - Manchaca, Texas

I believe in the power of secrets. I used to see them as little meaningless bits of information, but I now see them as mischievous chunks of information. A man is told something privet and anonymous that no one else is aware of. This event is now a secret. A piece of information that has escaped publicity with the exception of one individual. Contrary to popular belief, the Roswell incident was not a secret because more than one person knew about it, and everyone knows that aliens really did land. I believe that the one holding the secret feels select, and embraces the responsibility of the secret and that is why it is not exposed immediately, but it is destined to be exposed because that is the nature of secrets. Whether it be an accident or intended for personal gain the secret will surface and with it will come regret. A secret has the power to overcome trust, loyalty, friendship, pride, and ones own self control. I have obtained this point of view over time from watching many secrets become gossip. One of them happened to be a secret I was harboring myself. I didn’t intend for everyone to find out that I believe in aliens, but about eight lines before this I told everyone. Sometimes your own secrets can escape your mind like this one. There is one very well kept secret that contradicts all of the above. It’s a secret that has publicity but still remains a mystery. That secret is Victoria’s, although everyone knows it’s a secret nobody knows what it really is.