Life is Fragile

Callie - Buda,, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

T

This past January, my best friend lost his closest friend, role model, and hero. His older brother was someone he adored and admired. Seeing someone I dearly love, lose someone so close, was an eye-opener. Nothing I have ever experienced has made such a great impact on what I believe.

I’ve always heard and believed in the saying “live your life to the fullest,” but it never truly hit me until last January. I realized then, that you shouldn’t take life for granted because you never know what tomorrow may bring. From that moment on, I began the life of a risk-taker.

I believe living life to the fullest requires taking risks and reaching for your goals. I believe it entails having fun and enjoying life. I believe happiness and fulfillment comes with living life to the fullest. I believe in truly living. No one knows what the future holds, so why not take chances, give one hundred percent at everything you do, and live life to the fullest extent?

Whether you’re turning pages of a book, using your imagination, or experiencing the thrill of a roller coaster, never let a dull moment pass. Life is too short to let these treasures slip by. Enjoy the life you are living right now, because it may change tomorrow.

Life can be taken away from you just like that, and for that reason you should live a life with no regrets. What I experienced last January made me realize how fragile life really is. Living life to the fullest, that’s what I believe in.