Nicholas - Rumson, New Jersey

We live in a world where a lot of the time the most successful and powerful people aren’t the kindest or most generous. What we really need is for the leaders and icons of this country and our world to step up and live properly by setting a good example. To often are the morals and ideals that we are brought up to believe in corrupted by people who think they are above the law, and that whatever they do doesn’t affect anyone else. People need to start helping each other and stop being so selfish and inconsiderate, because there are a lot of people in this world that need assistance and a little generosity in their lives to let them know that they are not alone. I believe that everything happens for a purpose. That everything you go through in your life is a part of a necessary journey, and the decisions and choices you make along the way define you as a person. Too many people get lost along their path from lack of faith, support, and commitment; these people need a helping hand to get them back on track. The biggest issue is that for the most part, the people with the means and the ability to lend a helping hand turn their backs on the people in need. I believe that this is the main problem our world faces today. If we would all the help each other out and work toward a better future and more importantly, a better today, just imagine what we could achieve. We limit our potential and our possibilities for the future by resorting to selfishness and greed when we should be trying to make the world a better place. Too many of the really important and necessary values and ethics that our country was based on have been forgotten and left behind. These days very few people actually devote themselves to others and have that drive to go out and make a difference. There are the precious few who really put everything they have into supporting and helping out those in need, but its not enough. If everyone put just a little effort everyday toward helping the needy and making the world a better place we could live in a paradise. We need to take a step back and look at the suffering in the world around us, then step up and make a difference.