Lena - Houston, Texas

What I believe in is the strong affect friends have on someone’s life. My friends have always been my rock through thick and thin. Friends are so important and I think everyone should be able to have at least one.

A few years ago, my father had a mild heart attack. My mother and I don’t really get along very well and the only other person living in my house at the time was my brother. He was too young to talk to at the time, so, I had no one to talk to. The next day at school, I was really upset and all my friends noticed. At lunch, all of us sat at one table and everyone was really concerned about me. No one knew about my father’s situation and it was too hard to talk about. Finally, I opened up about what was going on, and my friends helped me so much. Being around those friends really helped to rid me of my worries, concerns, and feelings about what was going on. Talking to them made everything I was going through a lot easier. They knew exactly what to say and what to do to make me forget about the worries I had about my father. I felt so loved by them.

Friends will always be there for you to make your life easier and more fun. They help to relieve the stresses and pains that life put us through. They will help you get through difficult situations. Without them, it is so hard to stay strong. Without my friends, I would be alone, and that is something I do not want to face. I would have God with me, but it’s not the same as having someone there to hold you when you’re upset, or having a shoulder to cry on. Friends are the most important thing in my life. I am so thankful for those wonderful people that keep me staying strong. I will always remember the helpful, considerate, and loving friends that have been in my life. These people have had an everlasting affect on my life and I owe my happiness to them. My friends believe in me. And I believe in my friends.