Sam - St. Louis, Missouri
Themes: purpose

My belief is that everything in life, good or bad, happens for a specific reason. Though it may seem that some things are just bad luck, or maybe even something that makes you feel like your entire life will end because of this one moment, I believe that it simply just happened for the better. I have an example of something that could be taken in as something that happened by pure chance, or something that happened for a distinct reason. One day I was driving home on Highway 40 from Chaminade, my high school. On the way home, I went to merge over into the center lane to make it around a truck that was going extremely slow. I started moving over into the center lane and didn’t look behind me and there was a dumptruck bareling down that lane right at me. The driver of that truck anticipated me moving over and he swerved around me to avoid a giant collision. As I thought about that moment while driving is when I realized that it must have happened for a reason. God must have had another plan for me other then getting squashed like a bug by this dumptruck, and I knew right then that everything happens for a reason. Ever since that one moment in my life, everything that happens to me I look at a little bit differently. I no longer think that something bad that happened to me is because I had it coming. It was a life changing experience yes when it all happened, but now in the end, I know that it happened for a reason, or else now I wouldn’t look at my life or the events that take place during my life differently. I think that everything happens for a reason in life. This I believe.