Joel - Ballwin, Missouri

I believe that humans are born inherently good. Whether there is a higher being that created us or we evolved from smaller life forms I believe in the human soul and its natural ability to love. I do not believe that we are born as complex, evolved creates to do evil. In this world of murder and lying many people are skeptical of man’s ability to love. Such great atrocities are occurring every day in third world countries in regions such as Africa where dictators rule with fear and murder. Humans were not born to do such evil as this. I do not believe that there is any purpose for these things to happen and are the results of a cruel world that we live in. The world is so twisted because of earthly sin and pleasure which stems from poor choices made by individuals who were looking for a way out of misfortune and suffering. Every day humans around the globe are working to help other people in need. Religious organizations and governments around the world are contributing money and donating time and service to assist people in third world countries and within their own communities. There is a natural compelling force that urges humans to help other in need. If any one person was set in front of a screen and shown pictures of helpless children living in Africa they would feel inside that they must help. When humans are committing heinous crimes they are not doing so because of a natural driving force. Many popular theories today and my personal believe in this matter is that something has gone wrong in these people’s early life and has twisted their mind. As children their mind was changed for the worse by traumatic events. These people grow up with a skewed view of the world and loss the part of their soul that is naturally good. Throughout history, philosophers have argued back and forth about whether man is born as naturally good or inherently evil. While in today’s material world it is hard to see man’s good side through all of the robbery and murder, but when you look closely it is very apparent in everyday life.