Steven - Owings Mills, Maryland
Themes: nature

I believe in the long days of summer, the warmth of the sunshine and the coolness of the waves, cotton candy at baseball games and the smell of freshly cut grass. The feeling that time slows down, that cares and responsibilities are temporarily suspended and the annual belief that summer brings that long neglected projects and half read books will finally be completed.

I believe in the crisp evenings of fall, in the promise and excitement (or dread) of a new school year and the limitless possibility of starting again. I believe in the wind blowing through the beautiful changing colors of the leaves, and in the first fire in the fire place and in the old reliable favorite wool sweater. I believe in squirrels collecting acorns and never finding them, and in the morning when you see your breath in the air for the first time, again.

I believe in the deep meditation of winter, in its long cold nights and bright clear mornings. I believe in the magic of snow, and bundling up, and red cheeks and noses and sledding wildly down steep hills. I believe in a favorite book, and a warm blanket, and a comfortable couch, and the quiet that winter brings.

And I believe in the freedom of spring. In the first flower that blooms, and the gently melting snow by the side of the road. I believe in the release of the lengthening days and the first opening of the windows to let in the sweet fresh air, cleaned by the winter frost. I believe in trees that stretch their limbs toward the sky, pointing the way for the sun, and in the feeling that the long days of summer are about to arrive yet again.