Janna - Frankfort, Illinois

I believe that you shouldn’t judge me by my cover. Just like a book, my story on the inside doesn’t match what America thinks of my cover. I have 3 beautiful children ages 1, 3 and 5 and a wonderful husband. We live in a lovely brick 4-bedroom home. I watch cartoons with my kids (right now sponge bob is the overall favorite). I play video games with my 5-year-old son (really, I like to play and he likes to watch). I am a diehard Ebayer; right now my feedback score is 78 with 100% positive feedback.

My great Grandmother who nearly reached the age of 100 before she pasted away a few years ago taught me to crochet when I was about 7 and I would like to say that because of my great Grandmothers dedication to her church bizarre I appreciate crafted knick knacks like nobodies business.

My grandfather who I loved very much died in 2000 from heart failure. In his younger days He was honorably discharged from the navy after several years of service to his country and he retired from a rewarding career as a postal worker. Towards the end of his life I drove him and my grandmother where they needed to go because he was to weak to hold down the break and gas pedals of the car. One summer when I was 8 or 9 my grandparents, my brother, cousin and myself were eating lunch in the car, a powder blue Subaru wagon. After our lunch was finished my Grandmother asked, where is a trash can, before anyone could answer my Grandfather burped out the words “right over there” as he pointed over to the right side of the parking lot we were sitting in. He was the greatest like that, so funny, strong and always took care of everything.

I married my husband in December of 2000 and soon after produced 3 wonderful children who I know would have loved to hear their great Grandfather burp their names and other funny words.

So, I would like to ask you, what do you think of me now that you know some of my story? Don’t I seem like a regular person who had a good childhood and now has a nice life. Someone who, if I were your neighbor we could have coffee together in the morning after the kids go to school and talk about how all that we seem to do as mothers is wash mountains of dirty clothes and pick up endless trails of toys that wind through a half cleaned house. But I don’t think that you would be able to get past my cover because it is a scarf that I wrap around my hair and a long dress that I wear to cover me from my wrists to my ankles. You see I am a Muslim of a religion that fell in love with and converted to. I am an American of which my Grandfather served in the Navy, my Father in the Army and my Brother in the Air Force. I am a mother of the 3 yummiest kids. I am the wife of a very patient and understanding husband. I am a friend to anyone who needs me regardless of his or her race or religion. I am the child of a mother who loves me very much. I am the Grandchild of Grandparents who always made sure that I had fabulous summer vacations and I used to be a pastry chef who baked and decorated gorgeous cakes.