I believe in Miracles

Kolbe - clermont, Florida

When the question, do u believe in miracles comes up, what do you say? Do you say yes only because you have heard one happen before but you personally haven’t been in one. Well I have and it changed my whole life.

On March 26, 2007 my life changed. MY brother, best friend Pete and I were coming home from my sister’s house. We just got done babysitting for her. My brother in law always says drive safe and I always said yea I will but not really putting any thought into it. We were all riding in my 92 ford ranger which isn’t a very big truck so it was a tight squeeze. On March 26 this was put to the test and I didn’t make the right choice. We just turn off highway 27 on to 474 and it all start.

While we were going down 474 I found this dirt road which looked like fun. Remember the rear end of my truck very light. Just like most people I started to fish tailed. But what I didn’t know was this simple action could lead to a very big tardily. We were coming into a corner at about 35mph but what I didn’t know what how sharp this corner was it was about a 90 degree turn. The rear end of the truck was thrown out a little farther then what I was used to, when I went to correct I over corrected which caused the rear end of the truck to get thrown in the opposite direction. While the rear end of my truck was thrown in the opposite direction my front tires decide to get stuck in the soft sand. Because my front tires were stuck in the soft sand and of how fast I was going, the momentum cause my truck to do a 180 but when I spun my back tires caught the side of the road and caused my truck flip.

We only flipped once but it was all we needed. The trucked landed on the roof. Now we are up side down. I quickly realized that there was some type of liquid leaking. The first thing that came to mind was gas and to move out of the truck.

My brother and I were find we didn’t get anything major just a little cuts and burses but my friend Pete on the other hand didn’t. When the trucked rolled it rolled over Pete’s hand causing it to break four figures. When the truck flipped Pete was screaming,” MY HAND MY HAND!” I quickly undid my seatbelt and crawled out the window. I heard my little brother say,” HURRY UP KOLBE HURRY UP!” Daniel my little brother crawled out right behind me but Pete could not move his hand. I quickly ran around the truck crawled in through the other window and place one hand on Pete lab and the other undoing the seatbelt. Pete slowly crawled out and I flowed. I went looking for my cell phone because it was in my lap when we flip but I wasn’t there after wards. I finally realized that Pete had his phone in his pocket. I grab it and quickly called 911. But now where we were at I couldn’t get any service. So I stated to think I need to get service and move Pete and Daniel a way from the truck just in case if it did catch on fire. I told Daniel to walk slowly with Pete down to the road and if he falls don’t try to pick him up just make sure he gets out far enough so if the truck does catch on fire they would not be harmed. I ran like the speed of light trying to get service on the phone. We were about half mile a ways from 474. While I was running I lucky caught a spot of service and got a hold of 911.

After I got done talking to 911 Pete and Daniel were right behind me and we were at the end of the road. I was now trying to call my parents and his parents and tell them what had happened. After I got done talking to the parents and telling them where we were at I stated to talk to Pete. Trying to get him not to look at his hand. Pete’s figures were not good at all. I could see three out of the four figures bones sticking out in opposite directions.

About ten minutes later the cops, firefighters and medical people all got there. The medical people took Pete right away and put him in the hand brace thing. The cop stated asking me a bunch of questions like my name, date of birth, if I was drinking at all.

About 15 minutes later Pete was off to the hospital and I was still talking to the cops and firefighters. About another ten minutes later the cop gave me a ticket for reckless driving.

I went back to my truck to get some of my items that weren’t thrown out or destroyed. Now what I realized that I had was three cross in my truck. All three were hanging together on one necklace. And if you didn’t figure it out I now someone was watching us because my mom talked to some of the firefighters and they said I don’t know how only one person was hurt by this. All three of the kids should be severely damaged if not dead.

I got the truck towed to my house and I sat in it for the fist time after the accident and on the roof there were three none dented spots. Each spot had only about two inches of room left for are heads. If those two inches weren’t there we would all have some kind of brain damaged.

So when the question comes up, do I believe in miracles? I will always say yes because one happened to me and for those who say I don’t believe in miracles just wait because one will and you’ll know that they truly do happen.