Christopher - St. Louis, Missouri
Themes: love

When asked what I believe in I did not know right away and I did not know if that was a good thing or not. However this weekend I was watching a movie and something happened and the light bulb went off in my head and it hit me like a ton of bricks I know what I believe in now. The word itself means so much but it is such a small word. The word is also so serious that people die for it. What is this word you ask? It is love short simple and a whopping four letters long. How can such a small word mean so much epically convince me enough for me to believe in it. I could tell you but I believe this quote can do a better job “”Love is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared.” The source of that is anonyms but their idea is so right because from the moment of birth till the time of death you are showered with love.

I am looking forward to becoming a parent and if and when I do become a parent I will have an unconditional love for my children like my parents do for me. I have always heard that a mother will die for their child and I haven’t really been able to understand. Why would a mother be willing to lose her life just to save her child’s? Well it is now clear that a mother’s love is unconditional and never ending. Her love for her child is so profound that she would be willing to give her life up so that her child could live. Another example of love at its best is that of a single parent. How does a single parent put their child or children through school work two jobs and still have time to go to their kids sporting events, dance or music recital, or play. It is a simple answer that can be answered in 4 letters love.

Going to an all boys school the word love really isn’t used to much in the hallways or at lunch. We all try and be tough and act like the word itself isn’t even in our vocabulary. However at an emotional time the word is thrown out more then garbage. I believe so strongly in love that one of the last things I say to my best friend after I drop him off or right as we are about to get of the phone is “I love you”. My best friend has been with me in times of joy and sorrow he has been with me during the victories and defeats. So why wouldn’t I love him? Once again I could sum all this up but I am going to let Sophocles do it “”One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.”