Christopher - Bardstown, Kentucky

Seeing is believing. At least that’s what I’ve been hearing my whole life of sixteen years. I have seen a lot of things and still don’t believe them like the show Chris Angel. Some of the things he does is amazing but I know the he’s just using the old practice of the hand is quicker than the eye. On the other hand though, I believe in a lot of things that I haven’t seen, like dinosaurs and Cro-Magnon man, even aliens. So maybe seeing isn’t necessarily believing after all. Maybe we don’t have to see something to believe in it.

Millions of people around the world believe in the same exact thing and many of them don’t even realize it. Of course I am talking about religion. I am one of those believers. Specifically I am a Christian and I believe that many people take religion for granted. Religion is a central part in many of our lives and has nothing to do with many others lives. Our basic culture is based on religion whether it be Christianity, Judaism, Islam, or Buddhism, it doesn’t matter. It is very important that we follow the rules of whatever we believe in, it’s what holds our society together.

Religion is the basic guidelines to help live our lives to the greatest extent and fulfill ourselves spiritually. If we just go around living our lives without care how will you be looked upon when you pass. Will you be shunned or worshiped? But what if you live your life completely careless of your own needs, and give yourself to society doing community service and donating money to charities? The way we live our lives reflects the kind of people we are while we are still here on earth. It is how we earn eternal salvation. This is essential to keep on living long after we have left this planet. Every religion believes in life after death in some way or form whether it’s being reincarnated into a Billy goat or sitting in heaven watching what we created prosper.

To me it’s essential to believe. I don’t need to see God face to face to believe that he’s real. I see the things that he created every day including myself. All I have to do is look in the mirror and I know he’s real. If I didn’t believe I don’t know what I would do with my life. I would probably do whatever I want careless of my life and careless of others. But I would never be satisfied. Because I believe I know that I will be rewarded for my good deeds. That makes me satisfied.

All of us just need to sit down and read a Bible or Koran or whichever book or scripts your religion has written down. Get close to our inner selves and rekindle the fire inside us called belief. Strive for a goal, do a good deed or two, and be satisfied with your life. Never give up hope.