This I Believe: Value love when it’s given to you

Steaphanie - Frankfort, Kentucky
Themes: love

“Love is patient, Love is kind. Love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way: it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrong doing but rejoices in the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. And now faith, hope and love abide and the greatest of these is love.” 1Corinthians 13 you might be wondering why I said this but I believe you’re supposed to value love when it’s given to you.

I found my first real love my sophomore and part of my junior year of high school. He was a laid back person about life and was a listener more than a talker. We had been dating for almost a year and soon he would be leaving for the Navy. I was sad because he would be gone but happy because it was his dream. The day before our one year anniversary with three little words I let him go. The grass looked greener on the other side for a while but then I let my heart tell me my true feelings and I’ve come to realize that I’m still in love with him even though he’s fulfilling his dream and is away from me.

I found a quote from an anonymous person that says “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts”. I believe even thought I’m not with my first love he’s left an impression on my heart that wont ever go away. I’ll always love him no matter what because I’ve learned so much about him and when not to let go of love.

People say that love comes and goes but I believe when your given the chance to love go for it. God intended for us to love that special someone. I believe that I held a record of wrong toward my first love. Since I broke up with my first love I’ve come to realize that love isn’t perfect and that love isn’t a fairytale but love is the hardest job you will ever have but when I find the right person it will be worth all the work I have to put into it.