Jonathan - St. Louis, Missouri

People are stressed. We worry about something almost every minute of every day. We all act this way because we have no role models for how to relax and enjoy life, instead of stressing about everything. I believe that everyone should have a pet because a pet never worries about the future and is almost always relaxed and happy. This is the outlook we should all have on life. It would make us all much more relaxed. This positive and relaxed energy in pets can easily rub off on their owners calming them down. No matter what is going on in the world around them, my dogs are always happy and always excited about everything. I have come home stressed over a paper that is due soon or about a test that I did poorly on, but right when I walk into my house my dogs are waiting there wagging their tails, happy to see me and ready to play. This excitement immediately calms me down and puts me in a better mood. I believe that dogs are the best pets because they are friendly and love attention. They are also very active compared to most pets. Even though I believe dogs are the best stress relieving pets, any pet will help calm you down. Fish are great because the sounds of the tank are soothing and fish are very low maintenance pets. They will not cause you as many frustrations as some other pets would. I often catch myself starring at the fish tank for up to fifteen to twenty minutes just watching the fish swim back and forth. This is very relaxing and causes me to forget anything that I was worried or stressed about. Pets are also the greatest listeners in the world. If you need to say something then you can say it to them and they won’t judge you. Your pet will always show you love, they will never judge you, and they will never let you down. With all the stress we deal with on a day to day basis I believe that everyone needs something to give them that kind of love and loyalty.