Nichoals - Fairmont City, Illinois
Themes: tolerance

I believe in that no one should judge others on what they look like or how they act in general. Many people get the wrong idea about people when they first look at some one. When seeing someone for the first time you get a picture in your head of what they are like. Not always is the image good but say when an adult sees a teenager out in the streets with baggy clothes they immediately think that they are up to no good. On the other hand a teenager could be driving and see a homeless person on the side of the road and get the image in their head that they are total screw up and they wasted all their money on non important things.

When first seeing or meeting someone you don’t know your first image of what they are really like is usually wrong. It takes time to get to know the person to see find out who they really are and what they like to do. For example say you are walking on day and you walk by a bus stop and a homeless person is sitting there. You have seen him before in the same spot but you never really talked to him or asked what his name is. The typical person would walk by the homeless man and not even talk to him because you think that he is just after your money. If you ever took the time to stop and really listen to him then you could learn so much about what he has been through and what his life has been like.

Another example of judging someone before you know them is with older people. Usually young people such as teenagers don’t like to listen to what old people have to say. The main reason why is because they don’t want to listen to them they would rather be doing something else. If you really took the time to sit down and listen to what they have to say you could really learn a lot from what they have to say. Listening to your grandparents or to old people in general could also really make them feel good because it makes them thin that someone cares what they have to say and want to hear about their experiences in their life.

The phrase “judging a book by its cover” means that you get this image in your head of someone you don’t even know. If you were to take the time and just get to know someone before you judge who they really are they could maybe help you out in your own life.