John - Wildwood, Missouri

Belief, to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so. To believe something is to know it possibly in your head but to know it in your heart. There is a fine line between faith and belief especially in relation to religions. It is so hard to say that you believe that you go here when you die or you come back as something else because it is something that we cannot see with our senses. We must rely on our faith and our heart to show us what we choose. Being seventeen and still living strong it is hard to say how much faith I have in God or any religion of the sort. I will admit that I am a deep thinker but only to a certain extent.

I believe what happens, happens for a reason and that we must go on. I believe that in life it is not our duty to judge what is right and wrong but to except things for what they are. Questioning your religion or beliefs should be a must because without questioning there is no chance of learning more about your belief. Some people are mocked and yelled at for saying what they believe and I personally think that is foul and wrong. This is what is so special about belief. We can believe in whatever we want. To take such a rare thing away isn’t right. Whether I may believe in God or a God is not what I care about, but I do follow what is right because it is what Jesus preached. I don’t think it is fair to judge how you live your life by if you’re going to get to heaven or go to hell but to live it because life is too short.

There are bad things in the world and I believe that they are meant to be here. There will always be a bad situation or a bad person. Without the bad times there would never be any good times. It is the bad that brings out the good in us all. As Newton said, “For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.” This means that for every bad moment there will always be an equally good moment to come. I do not believe in karma or any silly antics of the sort but working hard and doing the right thing always comes back to you in rewards. I believe that there are questions in this world that are meant to be asked but do not always have an answer. Some questions like, “Why are we here?” are meant to be a mystery that bring out the faith in us all.

Some people may die for their God or risk everything for their faith but as for me I am just here. I am just trying to find my path and I am enjoying it.