Jessie - Harvard, Illinois

I truly believe that all this world needs is a little more compassion, a little more truth, a little more LOVE. If we all, in our hearts, wanted the best for each other and wanted each other’s happiness, imagine how different the world would be. No one deserves to feel alone or even fathom the idea that leaving this world would be a million times easier than trying to survive in it. Life is beautiful and should be seen that way in the eyes of everyone. There isn’t a person in the world who deserves to feel like there isn’t a way out or that no one cares or that they are completely alone. NO ONE IS ALONE.

Sadly though, the world isn’t a perfect place, and there are plenty of people who fall into a state of complete isolation and unhappiness, and feel that their only way out is giving up. Make sure that the people you love and care about the most know that you do love and care about them. Take the time out to say “I love you.” Make time to make memories with these people and show them that they do have a special place in your life, whether it be big or small. Be a support, a friend, a soldier for these people when they need it most, through times of hardship and bumps in the road. Let them know that your love is unconditional and show them love in the best way you know how.

And then there are those people who we don’t know. Reach out to them and be a friend. You don’t know their past, what they’ve been through, where they come from, and honestly, none of that should matter. Be a friend! Try not to judge.

No one should feel the need to leave this world because of not feeling loved or cared for. Everyone deserves to be loved, cherished, and told they’re important in this life. Everyone deserves to know that their life is valued and worth having around. The only way out is through – be the one to hold their hand, walk through the darkness with them so they know they don’t have to face it alone.

My beliefs have been inspired by a movement, To Write Love On Her Arms. It’s an organization put together to help teens keep from commiting suicide and self-injury, to reach out and touch the lives of kids of all different ages. This organization is something that I have become very passionate about because it hits home, having know plenty of teens my age commit suicide throughout my high school years. I want to help, I want to change the world, and hopefully To Write Love On Her Arms is a start to that.

If we all reached out a little more, we could all at least help one person, and that’s one less life lost. Just start being true and start expressing your love. Three words can change a life.. even save one.