Charlene - Groveland, Florida
Themes: change

I’ve learned over the past few years that moving can be very hard. You leave everything you had, you leave wonderful memories, and some not so good memories, but you still leave it all, the comfort that was there is gone. Once you get to where you’re moving to you don’t know your way around. Not to mention, it’s horrible when you don’t know anyone, no friends, no family, nothing, you’re all by yourself. It’s very tough, and it can hurt a lot, not just the person who’s moving but those who knew the person as well.

When you’ve lived in a certain place for a long time you create comfort and in a way you depend on it, you know what to do, where to go, you know the people. After you live somewhere for so long the place has sentimental value, it becomes a home it has warmness to it, leaving that is tough. Not to mention when you move you don’t know your way around the new town it takes time and effort maybe even getting lost, you don’t know where to get the groceries at, or where the mall is at, and if you find it you don’t know how to get home. Another thing when you first get to the new place you don’t know anyone you feel like an outsider, many times people get very depressed because they feel like they don’t fit in, that can cause range in people and even lead them to do things they probably wouldn’t do if they simply had someone to talk to. I can personally say that I knew someone who killed themselves because when he moved nobody liked him and he was made fun of. It’s all about knowing how to deal with things, but some people don’t know how to.

Although I believe the hardest part about moving is leaving all your friends, your family and loved ones. It’s very difficult to leave everyone you knew and cared about, special the ones who were closet to you, the ones you saw almost everyday if not everyday, the ones you felt like were the only people in the world that understood you, that you had a connection with, leaving that is unbearable. It’s like when you move part of you stays where you were, and you’re not a whole anymore.

As you can see I believe moving is one of the hardest things to deal with. You have to leave you comfort zone, your home everything you knew. You won’t know how to get around where you move to, you won’t have anyone there so you’ll be lonely for some time, and the hardest part is leaving everyone you knew and loved behind. Everyone that made you feel like they loved you too, people you felt like you would never meet anyone like them, to leave that is simply the hardest part when it comes to moving.