tim - Sewickley, Pennsylvania
Themes: children, family

I believe in babysitters. Now one might sit there and say yes… of course that’s better then nothing. Who leaves their kids alone? Well me. I have been left alone for much time in my life. I have spent time being “taken care of.” What I mean by this is my mom would duct tape me to my power wheels and then duct tape the power wheels handles to the side. This way I was stuck to my power wheels but all I could do was drive around in left circles. I could control the speed and what not, but not where I was going. You see there are many problems to note about this kind of babysitter. I am not going to get into details but bad things happen. For example, a bee’s nest with some not so happy bees, and falling over and being stuck sideways for a long amount of time until someone comes to prop me up. So after a series of problems the power wheels were realized not to be a good option. My Mom thinks… how else can I occupy this boy when I go out for a minute? Next she decides to tape me to my high chair and place me in front of the TV. This also led to problems. You see, I have an older brother and his job (I think) was to make my life horrible. He is the one who thinks that it is funny, that as soon as my Mom left. He would then run up to me and push my high chair over. This was familiar to me. By now I was getting used to being duct tapped into things and be stuck on my side. This time my brother decides he wants to paint on me. So in walks Mom (who knows how long later) and there I am laying on the floor with blue hair and a green face. Needless to say the high chair was then removed.

Still harder my Mom though on what to do with me…. Then as if thunder had crashed she thought “I will tie him to the wall.” What I mean by this is there is a thing called a jumper. You tie it to the ceiling and it hangs down and the child jumps in it. I know it already sounds bad. So try number three. My Mom goes out and soon enough my brother finds me tied to the wall and helpless. I cannot even imagine the thoughts going through his head. Many, upon many, things where done to me while I was on my chair and my only defense was to jump. I have been color more times then any piece of paper was at my house in this span. I think I was shot with every toy you could imagine, but after all that there was one worse thing he could do to me. He learned he could turn me upside-down. This was bad due to my blood flow to my brain. This was the last straw for my Mom. The next time she left… she just brought me along. I believe in babysitters and I hope you do too.