Lois - Westland, Michigan
Themes: golden rule, love

I believe in something you can’t touch, see, smell, taste, or hear. I believe in something much more intense than the five senses. I believe in Love.

To me, love is an unexplainable feeling that allows a positive outlook on life. Knowing that I am loved by many people, especially my husband,; gives me reassurance that everything will work out for the best. It even puts a smile on my face. Because of the love my husband and I have for each other, we have been able to overcome every obstacle we have faced in the last six years together. Love gives much more than the eye can see. It gives strength, courage, motivation, respect, laughter, and hope.

The world we live in lacks love. When I watch the news I see people being murdered, children being abused, kidnappings, bombings, and violence. Where is the respect in murdering someone or the laughter in abusing a child? I know love won’t fix every problem in our world but it’s a start. Once people open their hearts and minds up to the concept of love, the angst and rage will leave them.

Love has a domino effect or pattern to it. If you love someone they will love someone and then they will love someone else. The problem with this pattern is that the love has to be excepted to be returned. The person needs to allow the love into their life to love someone. The people in our world are so busy that they don’t realize when a kind jester or warm thought is sent their way. So instead of excepting it with a smile they ignore it and continue to be vindictive.

People may call me skeptical all they want, but I know love and it is real. The one moral and value I have taught, and will continue to teach, my son is love. Love is even incorporated in the Golden Rule; Treat others the way you want to be treated. In order to respect someone you must first respect yourself and in order to respect yourself you must love yourself. Living is loving and loving is laughing so I have a joke for you. “Knock Knock. .Whose there? Olive. Olive who? I love you!” See I’ve shown you love by making you smile and I don’t even know you. That’s how simple it is, so go out today and love someone. Continue the pattern that I have started.