Geraldine - Farmington Hills, Michigan

If there Is a will, there is a way . .

Though life is precious and beautiful, living can be difficult because we cannot make sense as to why certain things happen as they do. I look at a small child confined to a wheelchair and ask the Lord why this happened, but I get no answer.

I watch television and will shed a tear watching “Feed the Children” when I see such young beautiful creatures of God starving for a simple necessity of life, food. Yet, not everyone thinks of these poor children when they find it necessary to throw away food they no longer want or need.

God’s amazing animals are a part of our world and greatly impact our life. Yet, all too often we turn our heads in their time of need. What do you do when you’re driving along and see a dog limping down the road on a cold dark winter’s night? We depend on dogs for search and rescue when traumatic events occur. Did you ever stop to realize that D O G is G O D spelled backwards? Would you just pass Him by without giving it a second thought?

We all want this world to be a better place and individually we haven’t the power to make it happen. We’re too wrapped up in our own lives and we certainly would help others if only we had the time. Does this sound familiar? Well here’s a nice little surprise: We all have the same amount of time but what matters is how we spend it that makes it valuable.

I have the will to make this a better place in which we all can live and in believing I can accomplish great things, I’m finding the way to persevere by taking only one step at a time. Everyday I do little things to help others like holding a door open for someone or simply saying, “Hi, how are you today?”. The self-satisfaction I receive is far greater than anything money and buy and by the end of the day, I feel content and complete. It saddens me to know that there are many who may have the will but is not believing that there is a way.