Ashley - Goose Creek, South Carolina

As my mom and I have passed by numerous accidents, she has mentioned to me more than once, “Wow, you know if we hadn’t got stuck in that traffic, that could have been us right there.” Whenever she says that to me, it makes me think that if weren’t for God, I would not be here right now. That kind of thinking really makes my faith known to me. I believe that God is the most important thing in my life. I can tell by all the miracles surrounding me each day and the near misses that happen all around me.

Some days people ask me, “Why do you believe in something you cannot see?” Well… I believe because of the little miracles I see each and every day, even as small as flowers blooming. But the miracles can be as big as a person being rescued from a life-threatening situation. A couple years ago, my grandpa had bypass surgery. When he went into recovery, the doctors discovered that he had a bad case of pneumonia. It was so bad that the doctors didn’t even think he would make it through the night. My mom wasn’t there at the time, so when morning came she immediately called the hospital in order to find out what happened. She thought she would hear the news that grandpa was dead, but she was to learn that he was doing so well that he was released from the hospital that morning. Mom was shocked and amazed, as well as the rest of my family and the doctors. My grandpa was practically on his deathbed, and the next morning, when they said he should be dead, he walked right out of that hospital. He is doing well even to this day, and he just had his 70th birthday last year.

Still some people don’t believe my reasons, but that doesn’t matter to me. My grandpa being with me today is more than enough to prove God is always there for me. Even the birth of a new child is enough of a miracle for me. No matter how big or how small these little miracles, they are a sign from God saying He cares about me. This is why I believe that God is the most important thing in my life.