Misty - Aurora, Colorado

I believe that extraordinary things are possible. I’m the eternal optimist. I can’t seem to live my life without reaching out to the furthest place within the universe to pull back a taste of stardust. I don’t know if this makes me naïve or simple or profoundly childlike but I can not live my days without saying, “I believe”.

I believe that love in it’s purest form does not dissipate. It may ebb and flow and in some cases ‘mutate’ but once it exists, it does not cease to.

I believe in plausibility as a recipe for existence. Water smoothes out hips and breasts in the body of the earth. Diseases are cured, enlightenment attained and we’ve discovered that the universe makes a constant sound not unlike music…actually audible.

I believe and accept the universal order, which only appears to be chaotic. I believe that in actuality, everything is designed to be in perfect operation. Although in truth, this is the hardest one for me to accept at times.

I believe in the flecks of brilliance dancing through the streaming beam of light that fills me when I meditate. I believe in their existence as much as I believe that the trees outside my window now breathing softly with sleep, will soon again be dripping with life.

I believe that tomorrow will be different from today and that the very scent of a new morning rolling deliciously across my window sill will fill me again with the strength I need to have hope… that all will indeed be well.

I believe that there is much I still don’t know. But for now, here’s what I think I do.

I’ve learned that faith, intention and love are the strongest, most powerful things in the universe.

I’ve learned that none of these things: (getting wet, being scared to death, or heartache) can take away the beauty of these things: (dancing in the rain, taking a risk, or loving without reserve).

I’ve learned that hurt is mutable and that without reflection it’s just a cut that leaves a scar.

I’ve learned that it’s worth it to: buy the good wine, eat organic, and GO OUTSIDE!

I’ve learned that sometimes Harry Potter is better than Voltaire.

I’ve learned that an embrace that is open and free of judgement is more healing than pharmaceuticals, ice packs and rest combined.

I’ve learned that my opposition to authority has been grown in soil rich with good reason.

I’ve learned that snuggling, patient calmness during nose bleed catastrophies and unwavering belief in your child are worth far more to them than anything you could buy.

I’ve learned that I have no control over who I love or how much.

I’ve learned to cry without suppression.

I’ve learned that sleeping under the kiss of the moon beats 300 thread count sheets nine times out of 10.

I’ve learned that the pain of being raw, exposed and vulnerable is met by the joy of the growth that ensues.

I’ve learned that forgiving others frees up my soul to receive kindness and that harboring grudges, is like sludge in the engine that propels you through life.

I’ve learned that the love of my friends is boundless, unconditional and more valuable to me than anything I have ever or will ever own.

I’ve learned that cheese, chocolate, and aromatherapy are gifts from the Gods.

I’ve learned that there are messages in the changing clouds and I’m starting to learn how to listen.

I’ve learned that love wins.

I’ve learned that ambiance can be everything.

I’ve learned that shots still hurt but that tattoos are tolerable.

I’ve learned that you can’t make people forgive you, like you, or want to be with you

And I’ve learned how to honestly want the best for everyone I know. Particularly the people I’m forgiving.