Ashley - Hendersonville, North Carolina
Themes: children, hope

Ashley Freed

Parrack-Rogers

Eng 090-001

August 1, 2007

I Believe the Children Are Our Future

I believe the children are our future provided they are given the proper instruction to carry on. I believe I must always be concerned that my children get the best guidance possible so they may become the next generation to lead the way. My role as mentor would start from birth and never end.

I would always teach my children right from wrong. I would teach them never to lie. I’ll stress to them that it’s the truth that will keep them out of trouble.

Also, I would teach my children not to point and laugh at people who are different than they are. It’s important that they learn to respect others so that they too will be respected as they grow up.

By setting the right examples, I ultimately hope they will learn to treat their family or parents properly as they grow up. I believe how children react depends on how I treat them. Manners are important things to teach my children as they grow, teaching them what’s right and proper and how to be polite in all situations.

Another thing is to make children realize all the beauty they possess within themselves. I would let my children be themselves, encouraging them to try new things if they want to do it. I won’t stop them. I would always let my children try anything their heart desires. I’ll be there cheering them on, and if they want to stop, I won’t make them stay. I know some parents make their children do things they, the parents, want. I would never do that. My children would have the chance to try anything they want and find out what they like.

As mentioned, the way I treat my children when they are young will determine how they treat others when they get older. My children will be loved and work in a environment where they can trust me with anything, knowing I won’t overreact. The more your children trust you, the more open they will be. My children will always have me to talk to about anything. I will always make time to listen and help as much as I can. Most parents don’t make time to listen to their children. I will not be that kind of parent. I hope my example will make them treat their children in the same way.

If you have learned anything from reading this essay, then I hope it’s to be the best parent I can be. Always being there for my children, not stopping them from finding their dreams, and not pushing them to do what I want. I will always be there to listen or help. Everyone should remember children are our future, if we give them proper instructions and help them to realize their inner beauty, who knows what might happen. Maybe one day one of my children will become the President or a famous movie star.