Gaylord - SeaaTac, Washington

During the Fourth of July celebrations of ‘07 in Seattle, I was in deep thought. I was lighting up the deepest corners of my mind. Searching and trying to figure out the enigma and the depth of the true meaning of the word, Freedom. If we are really free, why are:

* So many people still living in fear?

* More than 35 million people in this great nation, still living below the poverty line?

* More than 70% of my people still living below the poverty line?

* Most people still thinking inside a box?

* Most people still groping in the dark?

* Some people still look down on minorities on “colored” people?

* Some people still oppress and take advantage of the weak?

* Some churches that I know off, still struggling with their attendance and offering?

* Some people still look down on women as inferior to men?

Then it dawned on me that we have over simplified so many things that we failed to understand what Truth means and thus make wrong choices. As Taught in the Star Wars trilogy, where Quaigon Jin thought OB Wan, who in turn taught Anakin, “your Focus determines your Destiny!” It just goes to say, what a man believes or thinks, will dictate the decisions he makes. This thing is supported by the sacred scriptures which says “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he!” and the famous soda commercial in the late 80’s which said, “we seal our fate by the choices we make!” Truth is so deep and so wide that one word may mean more than one interpretation.

For example: we commonly say that “Nobody is Perfect.” but if this is True, then why did Jesus command us, “to be Perfect as your Heavenly Father is Perfect?” if perfection is something unattainable to man, why then were we commanded to be perfect just like the heavenly Father? Does this mean the Lord Jesus Himself did not know what He was talking about? What is Perfection? What does it mean? Is it really attainable? How can I be Perfect?- – – Then in the quietness of my room, I was enlightened by some divine inspiration.

When the glorious sun rose up and shown on me that morning, I said, “Perfect!” I remember when my two children were born, I clapped my hands and said, “Perfect!”. When my wife said yes to me when I asked her if she would marry me, I clinched my fist and shouted, “Perfect!” When I finally figured out why I had to go through my “Katrina1 and Katrina2″, my broken body and broken heart was exulted crying, “Perfect!” Then it became clear to me that there are TYPES and LEVELS of PERFECTION! just like there are types of Love in the Greek language, Divine Love, Erotic Love, Love for Friendship and Family.

* * * * * * * * *

the system says my essay is too long. i sent Anette a colplete copy. thanks