Kevin - San Ramon, California

Inspirations and Aspirations

I believe that inspiration comes in many shapes and sizes; these include (but are not limited to): music and art, literature, nature, people and the future. Inspiration is the fuel for aspirations and keeps it alive through difficult times. The majority of the American culture is flooded with images of what is needed and what is best for us at any particular moment. This is because our culture tends to be selfish and we want better for ourselves but not for others. The go-getters are simply trying to move up in the world and are seen as a threat by many people for disturbing the peace.

I believe that it does not matter what inspires us; a goal is a goal and it should be followed through until the very end. For instance, I grew up in a single parent home, forced to go back and forth between parents. I mainly lived with my mother and we were always tight on money. I had friends who were always getting new things and for the first chapter in my life, I lived my life jealous of everyone else. My mother eventually re-married and we moved from Alameda , Hayward area out to a wealthier area of California called San Ramon, which needless to say was a complete switch from the lifestyles of how we grew up. I decided that I wanted to know how to make the best use out of my time. I found a part time job at the local Starbucks Coffee Co. and worked my whole high-school career. I was content in finally being able to afford things that I wanted, but this was just a pinpoint on the map towards one of my goals from an early age – financial freedom. This aspiration comes from a lifetime of living in a family full of debt and barely getting by.

I set my next goal as gaining entry into a company that has a great reputation and that will be able to teach me a lot, and I have been fortunate to start a career at a major hospital in an information technology atmosphere. I feel a sense of pride knowing that I am the youngest full-time employee at the three facilities I deal with. This has been a wonderful experience to learn about business and how to possibly create my own so that I can help my family and not worry about debt.

Regardless of what society has to say about it, ambition is what keeps the world turning, forever moving at a ridiculously fast pace, and never staying the same. It is what keeps the population excited and active. Our inspiration plays a large part in who we are, and it shows when we determine a path to follow and accomplish the different objectives along the way.