Lisa - Danville, California

I believe…that we should be content with ourselves and willing to share ourselves with others. I believe…in expression of oneself. I believe…we are who we are supposed to be. I believe…that we should accept ourselves.

I am unnaturally trusting and forgiving. Extra ordinary as I believe we all are. Different. Unusual…ok, maybe more pleasantly described as gifted and unique. Creative. Possibly brilliant. Intense in a great way, depending on your perception. Loyal. Unnecessarily honest. Aware. So open its overwhelming. Trustworthy. Goofy. Vulgar. Funny. Sarcastic in an insensitive way sometimes. Loving and devoted to the people I care about. Family and value oriented. Internalize and analyze too much but thankfully full of thoughts and emotions. Short attention span. Easily distracted. Adventurous and willing to try new things. Unfortunately fearful. Easily misunderstood and complicated. Chaotic in my mind and simple in my soul. Always seeking a fresh path or challenging road to venture on. Conscious…of many but not all things. Risk taker. Dramatic in personality, drama-free in life. Good friend. Dependable. A woman of my word. Black or white. One extreme or the other. In the never ending process of creating a balance. Spoiled in a great way. Luckier than I comprehend. High strung and full of energy. Easily addicted to anything that occupies my interest. I would love to be able to sleep more…but it’s not working out that way. I like to dance and feel oblivious to who’s watching. I laugh passionately. I don’t waste time but spend it with the awareness that it’s all I have. I enjoy knowing that each experience…crazy, strange, fun, out there, scary, unpleasant or full of ecstasy are moments in my memory…painting a picture that I will look upon at the end of my life feeling that I have lived beautifully.

Imagine what your life would be like if you could just be yourself, without thinking twice about what other people think of you. Why not be honest with yourself and others? What do you have to fear by showing who you really are? Be proud of who you are. Just like Americans are not all loud, fat and obnoxious and Muslims are not all out to kill “civilized people” by blowing themselves up by plane, bus or train…confidence does not make you cocky or bitchy. Being quiet doesn’t make you antisocial. Excelling in athletics doesn’t make you stupid. Being smart doesn’t make you a loser. Homosexuality doesn’t make you any less important or different from anyone else.

You have to love and accept who you are and know that you truly mean it. How else can you expect someone to love you, if you don’t love yourself first? You need to look at yourself and feel total acceptance, flaws and all. You need to rest easy at night knowing you have done the best you can with what you’ve got and that it is all good. When someone looks at you and attempts to put you down, you look at them and smile and walk away, and you know you love yourself. And that’s all that really matters. Let everyone see you for who you are so they can love the real you. You are all wonderful, complex human beings and deserve the right to accept that you are what you are.