Ronald - Arlington, Virginia
Themes: carpe diem, work

I believe that if I work hard enough in life, my future will be successful. Right now my main goal is to pass my summer school class and move on to the next grade level into my senior year. If I fail my summer school class I will still be considered a junior and I don’t want that to happen, because then I won’t be able to walk with my other classmates. Also a lot of people are going to be really disappointed in me, mostly my family. They always tell me what every parent would or should say to their kids, “stay in school, work hard, and get good grades.” They say if you do all of those things, then your future is set. My dad always talks about my future, like what college I’m going to, or what my future job is going to be, and how my life is going to be. I know at this point in my life I need to decide what my plans for my future are after I graduate from high school, like what college I want to go to, or if not college then what I’m going to do with my life, but the thing is I really don’t know what I want to do. My brain feels like it’s going in a thousand different directions right now that I’m clueless, and confused about everything. I think of it as I’m still young, and I just want to enjoy my life, have fun with my family and friends.

My dad always tells me I need to get a job, so I can get some money in my pockets, and I always tell him I’m still young dad. I think a job is just a waste of time for kids my age, because your still young, so why waste all of your time on a job just for a lousy paycheck. You only get to be a teenager once in your life, why waste all of those years on a job when you have the rest of your life to get a job. I think of it as, when your 40 or 50 years old and you look back at your life when you were a teen, you would want to think about all those fun memories you had with your friends and family, not about how you wasted most of your time working and not having any fun at all.

Someone once told me that,” Everyone should live everyday like there’s no tomorrow,” and I believe that too. Everyday I hear about how young people my age are dying from something, either from car crashes, gunshots, diseases, etc. And I think in my head that all those people that pasted away, woke up that day not knowing they were going to die. I think if you live your life to the fullest everyday, you will die happy, which is mostly what everyone wants. Life to me is about taking risks. I think if people never took risks in their life, they would die of boredom.