David - Arlington, Virginia

What do I believe in? Well, I believe in lots of different things; Jesus, impossible is nothing, the American Dream and that Tiger Woods is the greatest athlete playing today. But the thing I’m most concerned about is our health, the way we take care of ourselves and all the junk we put in our bodies especially here in America. It is said that the United States is the fattest country in the world. I can’t confirm if that’s to be the truth or not, because I haven’t lived in all of the countries, and I don’t know their way of living. If America is not the fattest country, then they must rank among the top five in the world. Even though I wasn’t born here (United States) I was raised and grew up here. From my short 17 years of experience here in the world, most of which I lived here in the U.S., is that the people here are totally different to the people that live in my home country, Vietnam. Here in America people drive cars everywhere, but back in Vietnam very few people drive at all. The mast majority of the population either walks from point A to pint B, or they ride some kind of bike. Most people in Vietnam work somewhere outside, either on some sort of field or in the market place. Unlike here American workers mostly work indoors mostly in office buildings. I can’t say much about Vietnam now, because I haven’t been back there since I was about five or sever years old, but I think they pretty much still maintain the same lifestyles.

I believe that everybody, especially here in the states should maintain better health. When I say be healthier I mean we should be more active, eat the right foods for our bodies and have some kind of exercise routine that we do on a day to day basis. I truly believe in this topic because doing so will not only make your healthier and stronger, but it will add years to your life. Come on now who doesn’t want to live longer, and have that one extra day just to have fun and be with your love ones? It’s surprising how fat America truly has become. Almost everyday I see a morbidly obese person either on the news or in person just eating their lives away as if their lives mean nothing to them. One time on T.V. I saw a segment about a 600 pound man that needed one of those construction lifts just to lift him up from bed, and a sledge hammer to tear down his door just to get outside and catch some fresh air. When I saw that I was in shock, I don’t know how you get that way, and I wondered to myself if I kept eating and eating with no form of physical activities would I turn out like that 600 pound man also? I didn’t want to find out.

A key component in maintaining a healthy lifestyle is exercising daily. Doing so you will become more fit and you will feel better about yourself. Also you never know what horrible incident might happen to you in your casual life. You never know when you have to run for your life away from something, or have to lift up a friend that’s hanging over a cliff grasping for his life. The fact is that you never know what tomorrow brings, but by working-out you will be ready for anything that comes your way. The one thing about exercising is that it’s not even that hard at all. All you got to do is take 15-30 minutes out of your 24 hour day, just to do some exercise or something active. It’s easy, it can be from a wide range of things like going to the gym, swimming a few laps in the pool and even just playing a game of basketball with your friends.

50% of trying to get healthy is having a good diet. “You are what you eat” teachers and parents always tell me. I guess that’s true because if you eat junk food you feel like junk, and if you eat the rights foods you feel better about yourself. There should be no excuse about the foods you eat, everybody knows between the foods that are good and bad for your body. So in conclusion I think that…. No, I truly believe that everybody should maintain a healthy lifestyle, because not only will you feel better about yourself but you will add years to your valuable life. ?