Nestor - Arlington, Virginia

At times life can be difficult. In some cases you might be so tired you want to stop working. There is more to life than working and getting your paycheck. When I daydream I think about what I will do for the rest of my life after high school. I believe that there are souls out there that don’t appreciate life. No one can make you what you want to be. You have to do it yourself.

Today we live in a place which can be defined as hell. There was peace for a second but we have forgotten about the history. In the 1990’s there were crisis in Rwanda and Botswana. It’s called ethnic cleansing. It is genocide. The United States did nothing about it neither did the United Nations. People should be concerned with what happens around the whole world because we are all a part of it.

I believe we should open our eyes not just our ears. We trust that the Bush Administration is doing something good for the people. We need to see what the soldiers go through and listen to what they have to say. If they started drafting young men and women again I would be smart to flee the country. I believe thousands of others would too. The soldiers in Iraq are getting killed not for their country, but for George W. Bush.

The President is to blame for Hurricane Katrina. In the end it took FEMA 2 whole days to get drinkable water to the families in New Orleans. Many people died under the water because out government did not act quickly enough. I watched it all at home on the television. It made me mad to see so many people desperately crying for help. No one would help them. On the news there were video clips about people looting the stores. If I was there I would do the same, because all the people wanted and needed was food and water. We don’t talk about it anymore, but I know the people in New Orleans have not forgotten and I know I have not either.

I feel bad about all the trouble our country has caused to many third world countries. I don’t like when Bush lied to Congress and said that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Somehow Congress bought Bush’s lie. Then we later find out there were never any types of weapons of that magnitude in Iraq. Now we still have soldiers over there just dying for some ignorant fool we call out president.

I believe that we shouldn’t forget what happened and that we should see what is happening now. If we don’t it will be too late to change what goes on around us. Some think that there isn’t enough time. I don’t agree with them. I know we can change how we start all the violence in the world towards us, but it will not be easy. Open your eyes now to finally have peace in the near future.