Tina - Arlington, Virginia

My Idol:

I’m sixteen years young. I’m inexperienced, yet at times I am foolish enough to believe I’m wiser then my elders. Everything I’ve learned has been taught to me. Much, almost all, I owe to my mother. A stubborn, patient, confident, hard-working, single parent. She’s so intelligent, and will powered, that of which I envy . She and I together have endured so much she has been a leader to me, through our shared though times. She is my best friend, and yet she does not know it. We argue about everything. She’s realistic, which I view as pessimistic. I, on the other hand, a dreamer and optimistic. She says black, I say white. She prefers day over night. I’ve stopped to think, and realized unfortunately sometimes I don’t show my appreciation for her. I’ve yet not told her how much I admire her and how much she really means to me, assuming that she knows.

I have so many memories in which she has told me not to do something because–a horrible event would follow. I will admit that probably 99% of the times she’s right. From the slightest incident like, in the days when I was too lazy to double tie my shoes, she warned me everyday before I left for school that there would come a day when I would trip. Of course she was right. The day did come, I tripped, fell, cried, and went running into her arms, that of which I clearly remember I was the age of seven. I don’t know why I hate to admit she’s right, most likely because she’ll pastes it into her memory and use it against me the next time she’s warning me.

Her past experiences have given her much wisdom. Her childhood memories have taught her so much. She’s generous, like no other; yet exceedingly cheap. She annoys me by repeating commands countless times; yet she wipes away my tears and comforts me when I am troubled and down. I am grateful, and very thankful. My crutch, my life coach, my lifesaver, I learn from her everyday. “My mother is like no other.” This I believe.