Nick - everett, Washington

This I believe

I believe that as a kid you should be a kid. Ever since 2001 after my father’s death I have tried to act like an adult. I tried to be the man of the house I felt like I had to be. Three years later I had gotten a part time job because I felt like I was taking all my moms money. I figured if I want to live under the roof of our house I should get a job too, I was only making a hundred dollars every other week but that was a lot for a 15 year old kid (that felt like an adult). I had worked for a bout a year then we had to move I lost my job I felt bad because I had to use my mom’s money again. I now realize that as a kid I should have acted like a kid, but I did not. Now I am acting like a kid for my last year of being a kid, I am almost 18 when that happens though I will act like an adult I guess you can say I have had lots of practice.

Before my father died I had acted like a kid, he would take me to work with him in his box van I would love to be his little helper. I remember always running to get his tool bag for him, grabbing his tools, and trying to help him with his work. I remember him taking me to school in his box van I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. It was so fun, I felt like I was the coolest kid in school, even though I was not. Every thing I did with him made me feel like a kid. The shock of loosing a parent can make any kid think that they have to step in for a parent and take the position to fill that spot in that house hold just so it stays running.