Joshua - Kirkland, Washington
Themes: hope, nature, purpose

In the world of chemistry, covalent bonds are created when compatible atoms share valence electrons in the creation of a molecule. In many instances, the significance of the molecule to nature, such as the case for , far outweighs the simple make up of its individual atoms. This happens because there is a give and take of electrons between the atoms, working together to create something with far greater potential than the individual parts. Incidentally, when these bonds are formed, a large amount of energy is emitted in the process.

I believe that nature is insightful. In regards to this chemical process, it holds something evident in human interaction. I believe that positive give and take between people is the most powerful force of energy in the universe. It is the medium by which love, creativity and innovation sprout forth with infinite potential.

In this sense I place incredible value on my family as a life source. I am eternally grateful for the network of loving relationships within my family that empower me to make my contribution to the world while maintaining rooted stability. They continue to provide me with insight and purpose.

I believe I have a purpose in this world.

I believe that there has been a steady decline in people’s sense of community within our society as a whole. I also believe that humans have mistreated the earth throughout history and that it is now necessary to find new ways of thinking to create a sustainable future. I believe that the answers to sustainable human life on a world scale will require a reintroduction of community sentiment in creating a less isolationist society that values a sharing of ideas and resources.

I believe that the elderly are mistreated, and need to be needed. I believe in looking ahead, and realizing that it is my responsibility to create a world that I would be happy to raise kids and grow old in.

I believe in idealism, my life has shown me that by believing in something great, great things happen. I believe in practicality, in that nothing can be accomplished without thoughtful process. I respect integrity and sincerity in others, and I hope to emulate these qualities. I believe in a good sense of moral judgment, and that sometimes following my heart goes against the norm, but that it is wonderfully ok.

I believe that my mom gives the best hugs in the world, and that my dad has the most sincere heart of anyone I have ever met. I believe in challenging myself to create meaningful change in my life time, and that I am up for this challenge.

I believe that the future is hopeful, and that clarity comes from taking naps in the shade of the bright blue sail of a catamaran on Lake Washington.