Meghan - riviera beach, Florida

I believe that not everyone that smile at you has good intentions for you.

I remember my years at William T. Dwyer High School.I had participated in every activity that Dwyer had hosted since the week had began when we finally had the Homecoming Carnival.

Once my friend CeCe and I arrived we went and bought tickets and proceeded t owalk around the carnival perimeter.I then saw Michael, who I hadn’t seen in a year.

Michael approached me and we started chatting.Mainly about how we never see each other anymore and what we’ve been doing lately.Jeffery, michael’s friend and also his ride to the carnival, said that he was ready to go and leaving, so I gave him my number and he said that he’d call me later.

Around two o’ clock in the morning my phone began to ring. Guess who? Michael.I answered the phone we talked for hours. He talked mainly about him,his life,and his past.Towards the end of the conversation he posed the question, “Will you be my girlfriend?”.I responded by saying yes to the question and that i’d see him tomorrow at school.

The next few (and I do mean FEW) days in school were total bliss and happiness.Michael not only waited for me in the student parking lot in the morning, he also walked me to my classes. It seemed as though everything was perfect. Until one day during lunch my friend Jasmine came to me and told me shocking news.She told me that I was not the only one that Michael was dating.That in fact, he had a girlfriend at Palm Beach Gardens High School, Suncoast High School, and a girl on the Dwyer basketball team.

As if the news from Jasmine wasn’t enough, later that day, as I was leaving school, another girl approached me.”Ay!”, the girl called out after me as she ran to catch up to me in the parking lot.I turned around and said,”what?”. She responded by asking me if I was still involved with Michael.So now I was thinking here we go again with the “Michael Stories”.Not that I didn’t believe them, or what they were saying, its that I didn’t want to.I responded to the question by saying, “why?”. She then continued to talk and tell me that she just wanted me to know that Michael was a user,three other girlfriends,and that he’d been trying to get with her since last month.She then began to take out her cell phone to show me text messages that he’d sent to her.I stopped her and said, “I’ll just take your word for it. As far as i’m concerned, Michael and I are through, so that’s someone else’s problem to deal with, NOT MINE.Bye, i’m late for work”.I left the girl standing there in the parking lot as I left to go to work.

Two day’s later Michael calls me up. “Wassup”, he said, “I heard you talked to Porscha.” “Yea, she came and said a few things to me.”, I responded. He was silent for a few seconds that seemed like an eternity. Then he spoke, “So, are we straight?Do we still talk?”. As if he didn’t since from my tone of voice that we were most definitely not cool, and that we certainly weren’t an item anymore.So I made it perfectly clear for him with my next statement.”No, were through.I”m so done with you!!!”.Then I hung up the phone.